REASONS TO WATCH:
- Learn how high-performance reservoir simulation technology helps manage and optimize even the most challenging fields.
- Understand how to make smart field development decisions by taking into account complex operating conditions for more accurate forecasting and reservoir management activities.
- Practical application of flexible user-defined procedures technology fit for development or producing fields.
- E&P managers and vice presidents
- Reservoir engineers
- Production engineers
- Surface facilities engineers
- Petroleum engineers
- E&P Information Management analysts
BP will present two applications of Nexus®, Landmark’s reservoir simulator designed for the management and optimization of multiple reservoirs, wells, and surface facilities. In the two modeled fields, specialized production management algorithms will be implemented by flexible user-developed procedures, which are written in an object-based Fortran-like language and processed by Nexus as part of the model input data. In these two fields, the multi-reservoir Greater Plutonio (GtP) field in offshore Angola, and the giant Prudhoe Bay Unit (PBU) field in Alaska, the user-developed procedures have been included to manage and optimize production.
The extensive user procedure facility in Nexus enables customizable production management algorithms, which can both mirror existing management practices and allow for testing of proposed alternative practices. In BP Angola the use of these optimization procedures, allowed engineers to evaluate and progress through a stage gate a project that previously was thought to be uneconomic due to future ullage constraints.