The Neftex Outcrop Module delivers rapid access to an extensive, ready to use dataset of high impact, high quality surface geology data, providing an invaluable aid to paleogeographic mapping and play fairway analysis.
Surface outcrops are a fundamental basis for geological understanding and are highly useful as analogues for key petroleum system elements in the subsurface. The Neftex Outcrop Module comprises a digital outcrop database containing published surface geology data with detailed descriptions and interpretations from selected outcrops to enhance your understanding of regional and petroleum geology.
The Outcrop Modules database has global coverage and gives access to valuable data that would otherwise be time consuming to locate, digitize and interpret. The product includes the following data (where available): source of data; geographic co-ordinates; author’s age interpretation and lithostratigraphy; lithology; sequence stratigraphic interpretation; accommodation triangles; bioevents and biozones; sedimentological data; geochemical data.
Our Outcrop Module is provided as an ODM3™ project licensed by Earth Model region, incorporating (with copyright permission where required) the original published data and adding the sequence stratigraphic interpretation of the unique Neftex Earth Model.
- Access to a huge amount of new digital outcrop data to reduce risk and uncertainty in subsurface modelling
- Access to primary new sedimentological, biostratigraphic and geochemical data
- Select outcrop data as appropriate analogues to subsurface source rocks, reservoirs, seals and plays
- Identify outcrops illustrating key strata surfaces such as sequence boundaries and maximum flooding surfaces
- Reduce field work risks though better pre-trip planning and better targeting of outcrops for field sampling
- All data and interpretations are consistent with and help constrain the Neftex Earth Model