The Neftex Geodynamics Module delivers powerful geological insights and improved subsurface prediction through allowing you to restore geological data to their paleogeographic positions at any point within the last 595 million years.
The ability to restore spatially enabled data, such as well locations, facies maps, geochemical data or mineral deposit information, to their paleogeographic positions provides essential regional geological context. With the Geodynamics Module, you have the predictive means to both identify and visualise regions of exploration interest.
The internally consistent model is based around 52 global reconstructions for the Phanerozoic and latest Neoproterozoic (0-595 Ma), and is provided with detailed supporting information and web-hosted documentation giving further details on the rationale and understanding behind the model.
Geodynamic overlays are provided for each of the 52 global reconstructions. These overlays define key geodynamic features such as plate and terrane boundaries, observed and synthetic oceanic isochrons, zones of rifting, collision, inversion, transform motion, arc magmatism and intra-plate volcanism. Additional modelled layers such as consumed oceanic crust and a full suite of Paleo-Digital Elevation Models are also available for each of the reconstruction surfaces. These overlays and layers provide richer geodynamic context and deeper understanding for the geological systems of interest.
Earth Model Base Module licensees also benefit from access to palinspastically restored gross depositional environment maps for the regions covered by their corporate subscription.
The model is compatible with PaleoGIS™ and GPlates and comes with detailed documentation through our online delivery system. The documentation covers regional tectonic evolution, data constraints, geodynamic concepts and user guides allowing you to quickly utilize and comprehend the model and its features.
Paleogeographic depositional environment maps are accessed through our online web mapper and in native GIS formats.
- Access to the only commercially available geodynamic model integrated with the vast amount of stratigraphic and tectonic data within the Neftex Earth Model
- A platform on which you can add, edit and assess your own exploration data to give it true geodynamic context
- Provides improved prediction of regional trends for petroleum and mineral systems
- 52 global reconstructions are for time slices with the highest sequence stratigraphic relevance to global petroleum systems, including key global reservoirs and source rocks, both known and predicted from our Earth Model
- Visualise subducted oceans using the consumed ocean crust polygons, key for prediction of mineral deposits on collisional margins
- Improved spatial prediction of controls on global petroleum system elements (source rocks, reservoirs, seals)
- Improved prediction of the potential climatic controls on resource systems
- Better understanding of the roles and relationships between tectonics, sediment supply and eustasy