Comprehensive Anti-Collision Analysis, Using DecisionSpace® Well Planning and COMPASS™ Directional Path Planning Software
The task of planning paths for hundreds or even thousands of directional wells is a careful balancing act – and Halliburton technology increases confidence in well placement while minimizing the risk of collision between planned and existing wells. DecisionSpace® Well Planning software and COMPASS™ directional path planning software combine to enable you to plan and test scenarios quickly, drill complex paths safely and accurately, and conduct anti-collision scans to adjust operations in real time, so you can meet your engineering standards while getting the most out of a limited footprint.
Set up customized anti-collision scans interactively in real time while planning, surveying, or projecting ahead. Create automated alerts on mobile, cloud-based solutions that notify key players 24/7 when well paths begin to converge. Run comprehensive multi-zone collision analysis automatically to manage complex lateral configurations. And, since our powerful, advanced workflows integrate geoanomalies on the fly, you can avoid hazards and steer the bit to smaller targets within your profitable pay zones.
For multi-well operators, the goal is reduced well-planning cycle times, greater precision, safer operations, and fewer costly errors.
Our advanced solutions enable you to easily and accurately:
- Plan a new field or add wells to an existing field
- Identify existing wells and hazards by using advanced proximity analysis to aid in avoiding collisions
- Run scores of scenarios to help find the optimal well spacing for draining the reservoir
- Anticipate how multiple wells and laterals will interrelate
- Define hazards manually and/or automatically, and then automate hazard avoidance during planning
- Import field development plans directly into the Engineer’s Data Model™ database, where they are immediately available for rigorous path plan optimization and anti-collision analysis
- Integrate with Google for advanced well visualization