The Neftex Biostratigraphy Module delivers the essential biostratigraphic calibration charts you need to place local biostratigraphic data in a regional or global context and integrate it against high resolution, global standards.
Independently overseen by world-class experts in specific fossil groups, our Biostratigraphy Module correlates and calibrates local, regional and global biostratigraphic schemes against the standard geological timescale and our unique global 3rd order sequence stratigraphic model. This offers reduced uncertainty in stratigraphic correlation and provides a robust framework for the rapid integration of exploration datasets.
We are continually researching the literature in order to expand and improve our biostratigraphic database. To date, we’ve calibrated more than 250,000 bioevents and biozones for sedimentary basins around the world. Over 5,100 individual biostratigraphic schemes have also been incorporated into our database and interpretations.
Included within the module is a Species Dictionary, which covers a wide range of key fossils groups. Each species entry contains taxonomic data (including up-to-date synonyms) and a global biostratigraphic age, where data is available environmental and provincial information is also recorded. These entries cover species from the Paleozoic through to Present Day.
For basins of particular interest we develop a Biostratigraphic Synthesis – an integrated evaluation of the available public-domain biostratigraphic data within a region/basin, to select the most reliable and useful bioevents and construct basin-specific biozonation schemes.
Our Biostratigraphy database is accessed through our online chart creator. A range of functional filters give you the ability to query our extensive database by taxa, geological age or specific biozonation schemes. Results can then be displayed on, and downloaded from, a web chart. All data is also georeferenced to allow geospatial searches to be carried out. The data is downloadable in formats that can be imported into TimeScale Creator Pro® and StrataBugs software.
- A single source for all important published biostratigraphic data, reducing risk and uncertainty in stratigraphic modelling
- Access new biostratigraphic data to reduce the risk in subsurface correlation of source rocks, reservoirs and seals
- A head-start on the biostratigraphy of new basins with a series of specifically targeted synthesis biozonation schemes
- All data is georeferenced and downloadable in formats that can be imported into TimeScale Creator Pro® and StrataBugs software
- Better understanding of the relationships between key local and global fossil events (inceptions, acmes, extinctions), global sea level and hence likely habitat change through climate change
The Biostratigraphy Module can be licensed by Earth Model Region or globally. Proprietary biostratigraphic schemes and events can additionally be added for single clients on a confidential consultancy basis.